Turmoil in Da House

Untitled-2

There has been a lot going on at home lately. It started off innocently enough. I started perusing craigslist just typing in things like “bed frame” or “air conditoner” or “coffee table”. Not really realizing the wheels that would be set into motion because of these innocuous actions.

1st we got the bed frame for our room. Once I got that set up in our unfinished bedroom I decided it was high time to get Stella set up in her room. But, before we could really move into the upstairs we HAD to get an air conditioner because it just gets too hot up there when the heat of summer really starts beating down. It took a lot of work to get the A/C! I didn’t want to spend more than $100 and I wanted something energy efficient. I’m not so sure I succeed with the latter but because of the insanity that was proving involved with the search I finally had to settle with as good as I could get. And even that wasn’t easy, I have a 10 sting email back and forth and my husband has a few text messages to prove it. Sheesh!

So once the A/C was accounted for I decided now is the time. Saturday, while Jim was at work, I took it upon myself to dismantle Stella’s bed frame, move it and the mattress upstairs, and put it all back together. It was epic. Stella helped me steady the frame so I could put it back together. She’s very handy!

IMG_20140615_090912

The results were so worth it! She absolutely loves her room and spent most of the weekend up there, (it’s still pretty minimal because we haven’t moved the dresser, clothes or any toys up). However, she will not let me put an a/c in the window because she loves the view and doesn’t want to lose it. Luckily, it hasn’t been too bad so far but summer hasn’t even begun so we’ll see how that goes.

Anyway, that was the easy part. Now this simple move has set into motion a mess that must be tamed. Oh, I forgot to mention that we also moved our old box spring out of our old bedroom, which essentially means that we now have freed up the 2 downstairs bedrooms to make of them what we will. The problem is now we have to decide what we want to do with them. Office/guestroom and playroom? Office and playroom/guestroom? Office/tv room and playroom/guestroom….see the problems we’re facing?! Sigh. Well, I do think we have time to make up our minds because 1.) Both rooms need a good cleaning and 2.) Lots of rearranging still needs to happen and 3.)We need to buy a few things depending on how we want to go and what we can afford may affect those decisions.

As you can see from the photos below I feel like we’ve taken a step in the right direction!
rm1

rmb4

rmb42

So, the light at the end of the tunnel is a little more visible! But, we still have tons to do before we get to it. Things from the basement need to move to the first floor, things from the 1st floor need to move to the top floor. Luckily, I’m a big fan of Tetris.

Posted on: June 16th, 2014 by Gette

Comments are closed.